Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Happy Christmas!

Friends and Family, 

I feel like I need a new header for my emails. I'm open for suggestions. Also, I hope you're all enjoying the subject of this email and reading it in your minds in a British accent. 

The weather has dropped very low here in Yakima. We haven't had a day where it's been higher than 20 degrees outside. One day I thought I saw a sign while out walking that said it was -3 degrees outside, but I'm pretty sure that was referring to Celsius. The snow makes everything fun. Surprisingly, I'm one of the better drivers when it comes to driving in snow. I guess growing up without any snow plows or any snow gear and having to drive on ice anyway is finally coming in handy. 

On Saturday the Englewood Branch had a Branch Christmas Party. I was asked to be one of the Los Tres Reyes Magos (Three Kings/Wisemen) because my last name is King. I got to wear a ridiculous outfit, so that was fun. There was a photo booth and people were lining up to get pictures with us and it was really fun. Activities like this in the branch are always really productive as missionaries too. There were about 25 non-members there! Elder Kiser and I are now working with three new families, thanks to the amazing members here in the Branch for inviting their friends to come. 

A couple months ago when I first got here to Yakima, Elder Wilson and I starting teaching this man named Gerardo. He was so into the Book of Mormon and asked so many questions and teaching him was always fun. His apartment was always super dark and poorly lit, sometimes we would just teach him with our eyes closed because we couldn't see anything anyways! Right before he was about to get baptized, he disappeared. We were really sad and couldn't make contact with him, but this week we got a call and it was Gerardo! He explained to us that he had something with work come up and had to go to California for a little while but he's back now and wants to start meeting with us and he's progressing and working towards being baptized on December 31st! He studied Electrical Engineering in Mexico, so we get along really well. He loves to talk about science with me. 

I hope you're all staying warm for Christmas. I love you and miss you all. 

Happy Christmas, 

Elder King




No comments:

Post a Comment