Monday, April 24, 2017

Happy Earth Day

Friends and Family, 

Yesterday was Earth Day, I hope you all celebrated in one way or another. I've decided I'm going to try and find cool ways to make Earth Day a super baller holiday. Holidays need more hype sometime. Half-Christmas is coming around the corner, so if you still have your trees from 4 months ago save half of it for June 25th

This is the part of this week's email where I talk about how busy everything has been with transfers coming up on Wednesday and how Elder Moser and I are staying together for another transfer. Hip hip, hooray!

We went to the temple on Tuesday, that was nice. While in the celestial room I realized that it would be my last time in the temple as a missionary. I said a prayer and told Heavenly Father about everything that has happened to me since I reported to the MTC up to that point. It was a long but powerful prayer. Gratitude opens the windows of heaven up and brings personal revelation into our lives. I found myself overwhelmed with each and every person I've met, experience I've had, and insight I've gained. The future can only get better.

Last night while Elder Moser and I were pretty busy with planning for transfers, I was suuuuper stressed and pretty overwhelmed. Planning for transfers is like getting 161 people from a speeding train onto a helicopter and then up to a cargo plane, without stopping. Our investigator, Evelyn, texted us a very nice and very long text thanking us for our missionary service. She talked about how much she has changed and grown and how much happier she is now. It felt incredible to hear how happy the gospel has made her. 

I'm grateful she followed the Spirit and sent us that text. A compliment is something that costs the giver nothing, but gives so much to the receiver. Seek to praise others and you'll find more happiness in your own lives. 

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder King



No comments:

Post a Comment