Thursday, June 9, 2016

Cherry Season

Friends and Family, 

With cherry season here, it's been a little rough trying to find people to teach. Everyone is either so busy working or so tired from work that they have no time to meet with us. The silver lining is that we know that the people that DO meet with us really have a strong desire to hear the gospel, since they set time aside out of their busy days. 

We had a really great lesson with one of our investigators. I love teaching her, because she forces Elder Aguilar and I to become better so that we can keep up with her. She really understands our purpose and continues to ask great questions, and keeps us on our toes. We had an awesome lesson with her and a member from our ward where we taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She was very intrigued by the gift of the Holy Ghost, and I so we began to discuss that before baptism she can feel the presence of the Holy Ghost every know and then. I decided that I would give her a shotgun blast of the Spirit, and told her that I wanted to share Joseph Smith's First Vision with her again, and asked her to pay attention to the feelings she felt. As I gave his account, I could see in her eyes that she could feel the peace and comfort of the Spirit. I asked her how she felt afterwards, and she told us that she felt peaceful and tranquil, and felt like it was true. I promised her that she could have that feeling with her always with the gift of the Holy Ghost, and invited her to set a goal for baptism. She couldn't deny the feelings of the Spirit and accepted! It was another experience that confirmed my testimony that the Spirit is really the true teacher. 

We got to do some service this past week digging underneath this guys house. I felt like a Chilean coal miner. It was definitely one of the odder jobs I've found myself doing on the mission. Still more to come I'm sure! 

Summer is starting to get itself up and running here in Washington. We had our first day over 100 this week, but it actually felt pretty nice. Not nearly as humid as Texas. Everyone else here is beginning to complain, since Elder Aguilar is from Arizona and I am from Texas we let everyone know that they don't know the worst of it. 

Con Mucho Amor, 

Elder King

No comments:

Post a Comment