Monday, February 27, 2017

People in Our Lives

Friends and Family, 

This past week has been such a crazy but spectacular week. With zone conferences, Elder Taele and I have been traveling all over the mission and going on exchanges with the zone leaders and getting involved in all sorts of good trouble. It has been a blast. Might I add, a very exhausting blast, but a blast nonetheless. 

While we were in Wenatchee for one of the zone conferences, I got permission from President Lewis to go and visit Miguel and his family! A little over a year ago, while I was training Elder West, we had found Miguel and taught him and and baptized him within two weeks. I was fortunate enough to work with him and his family for the entire six months that I was there. He is more than just a recent-convert in my life, he is one of my great friends. I think about the love that I have for him and his family, and it humbles me to think that if I love this family so much after only knowing them for a year, how much does our Heavenly Father love them? Serving a mission has been such a blessing. With all the goodbyes to all of the people that I have grown to love so much, I have been able to take a small peek into the love that God has for each and every one of us.

For those of you that actually read the middle parts of my weekly emails, you might recall from a couple of months ago when I first got to Yakima and was serving with Elder Wilson for the second time a story about a family with a chicken on the loose. Yesterday, that family was baptized. Without a doubt, one of the happiest moments of my life thus far. I always tell missionaries that the bad times may outnumber the good ones in the mission field, but the good ones outweigh the bad ones. Working with the Arregoite family has been something that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

It got me thinking about what a blessing it is to have been lead by the Spirit to find that loose chicken trying to escape to have them in my life. I can't begin to thank Heavenly Father enough for using me as a tool in His hands to help that family come unto Christ. I've been reflecting a lot about the people in our lives. With SO many people in this world, it can be very very easy to take those around us for granted. We encounter and talk with countless numbers of people, but in reality there are a select few that are actually IN our life. A taxi driver in New York probably feels that he has millions of people in his life, when in reality he probably only has a handful.

I hope this is translating well over email. The point I'm trying to get at is that I'm grateful that out of all the people that could be in my life, that you're one of them.

On a related note with the people in our lives, I'll close with this scripture.

"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise." (2 Nephi 2:8)

Con Mucho Amor, 

Elder King




No comments:

Post a Comment