Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

It truly is one of the most wonderful times of the year. Thanksgiving is one of my top holidays. I decided to try and arrange the holidays in order of most favorite to least. 4th of July is definitely first, and I put Thanksgiving second. From pie and turkey to the attitude of gratitude, it is so awesome. And let's not forget that dreadful day many moons ago where I proposed to Thanksgiving after getting my wisdom teeth pulled. I love Thanksgiving the same, if not more, than I did on that day. 

Over the past week Elder Wilson and I have experienced a TON of trials and rejection. There reached a point where we felt like we were giving everything we had to the work with and achieving nothing. One night I decided to just sit down and start making a list of all of the things I have to be grateful for. I started writing things down and I began to realize how much I have been blessed. From the names of people I have gotten to know to the memories I have, it made all the trials of this past week seem so insignificant. 

There are so many things in our lives that can so easily be taken for granted. However, there is one thing I'd like to focus on. The people in our lives. Sometimes it feels like we have an unlimited number of people in our lives, when in reality we are only blessed to come to know a select number. A taxi driver in New York might feel like he knows thousands upon thousands of people, but over the course of his life he might only come to know a couple hundred on a personal basis. I hope all of this is making sense, the point I am trying to make is that we only have so many people in our lives, and I am so grateful to have all of you in my group of people I have been blessed to know. Share your love and gratitude for those around you over this next week. William Shakespeare once said, "They do not love, that do not show their love." As crazy as life can be, never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. 

Enjoy this thanksgiving week, eat some pie and turkey for me! 

Con Mucho Amor, 

Elder King

Pictures: The first picture is of me on top of this little mountain, literally almost touching the clouds. The clouds get so low here and it is so beautiful here in the gorge to be driving along the Columbia River. The second photo is of me being goofy and posing with a sign on someone's door that says "Este Hogar es Catolico". I thought it was funny so I just made the most ridiculous face I could with it. Hope you enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment