Tuesday, January 19, 2016

From Trainee to Trainer

Aloha, 

Emergency Transfers have struck again. Tuesday afternoon I received a call from President informing me that I would not only be leaving The Dalles, but that I would be doubled-in and training a new missionary in the Rocky Reach area in the Wenatchee zone. 

I was so overwhelmed when I heard that. Not only would I be training a brand new missionary, but I would be sent to a new area with him where I would know absolutely nothing about the area. It has been such a learning and growing experience these past couple of days. "There is no growth in the comfort zone, and there is no comfort in the growth zone." 

My trainee's name is Elder West, and he's actually from Allen, TX. What are the odds? It's crazy talking with him because I can bring up places from back home and he knows exactly where they are at. He's helping me learn a lot, and hopefully I'm helping him learn as well. 

With all the stress and craziness that I've experienced this one week, I've learned some very important lessons. First off, the importance of taking tasks one thing at a time. When Elder West and I first arrived in our new area, I had no idea what to do. I realized the only thing I could do was work one step at a time, and saw how much better things went when I broke everything down into smaller steps. 

The other thing I learned is how true the statement, "Too blessed to be stressed" really is. As I reflected upon all of the great experiences I've had thus far, I realized how much help I've already had out here on the mission. The hard times will always outnumber the good times, but the good times will greatly outweigh the hard ones. 

I attached my last picture with Paola before I left The Dalles. Saying goodbye to her was incredibly hard. The Dalles will always hold a very special place in my heart. I learned to love so many of the people there. I've also attached a picture of Elder West and I.

I love you all. 

Con Mucho Amor, 

Elder King







No comments:

Post a Comment