Monday, July 4, 2016

Moses Lake Bound!

Friends and Family, 

This past week has been a super eventful week. An end of my 4th transfer here in the Rocky Reach Ward up here in Wenatchee, and President Lewis must have hit his head before making transfer calls. He called me to serve as a Zone Leader in the Moses Lake ward serving in the 11th Ward and the YSA Ward. My new companion will be Elder Roe! We have been serving around each other neither the entirety of our missions, so it will be cool to serve with him. The weird thing is that even though I am a Spanish missionary, I will be doing English work over in Moses Lake. Working with white people will be an interesting change! 

This past P-Day Elder Aguilar and I went hiking up in Leavenworth with one of our favorite members. It is SO beautiful up there. Trees and rivers and all sorts of good nature. We found an abandoned mine cave that we went through, and it was super dark and water was dripping from the ceiling and it was cool. Coming out of the cave and back around the mountain we had to rappel around some boulders which was really fun. 

On Thursday our Ward Mission Leader took us on a tour of his work. He works for the Fish and Wildlife Department as a Fish Hatchery manager up in Leavenworth as well. He is in charge of spawning salmon and getting them to go out to the ocean to grow up and make sure that they come back over 500 miles to come back to the hatchery to lay their eggs. One of the funniest parts of the tour was near the end, Brother Irving looked at us and said, "Alright. Now we need to go back to my office to do something very important." I thought we were going to go back and discuss the work in our areas and correlate on our investigators, but when we walked in he closed the door and set some blank pieces of paper on the table and looked at us and said, "Who knows how to make a paper airplane?" Who says that work can't be fun! 

Once our other Ward Mission Leader found out that I was leaving, he took us and the English Elders out for sushi at this really great sushi place in Wenatchee. First time that I have had sushi in a looooooong time. It was a very nice treat to end my time here. 

One of Elder Aguilar's old investigators was baptized this weekend, and we were told that the baptism was going to be on Saturdayat 6:00pm. We found a member to drive us down to Selah, drove the 2 hours down, showed up at the Stake Center right as a baptism was starting. We walked in and sat down and about 30 seconds later Elder Aguilar stood up and walked out. I was very confused, so I walked out and talked with him and he told me that he had no idea who any of these people were and that this was not his investigator. We thought maybe the baptism was happening at another building or something, so we made some phone calls and it turned out that the baptism was rescheduled for Sunday and nobody had told us. So it ended up that we drove down to Selah just to eat some Panda Express and come back. Fun adventure nevertheless. 

East Wenatchee will always hold a very special place in my heart. I have made friendships and relationships here with the people that will effect me for the rest of my life. Sad to leave so many members who became friends, but I know that there is a reason why I am being sent to Moses Lake. 

Happiest 4th of July everybody! The best holiday of the year. Make sure to take some time to read the Declaration of Independence. The words of Thomas Jefferson are soothing and bring me hope. 

Con Mucho Amor, 

Elder King



No comments:

Post a Comment