Saturday, March 18, 2017

Puking Lessons

Talofa, 

Planning for transfers was extra interesting this past week. After exchanges with the Yakima Zone Leaders on Tuesday, I started to feel a little sick. I didn't think too much of it until Thursday after we started to leave President's home after some transfer planning that I really started to feel sick. We went off to our member dinner, and in the middle of dinner I excused myself and went to the bathroom to secretly puke in the middle of dinner. Made me think about all the missionaries who have been in my home, and how some of them may have secretly puked without anyone ever knowing!

Leaving dinner, things got even more interesting. As we were stopped at one of the busiest stoplights in all of Yakima, the pains of my stomach took over once again and I was fortunate to roll down the window just in time to blow chunks out of our car as we turned left through the intersection. Hundreds of people in Yakima that day got a sight of a missionary hanging halfway out of a truck, flying through an intersection, spewing munched up hawaiian haystacks. 

I was very very sick that night, it was one of the worst nights of my life. I couldn't drink anything, not even water or medicine would stay down for long. It was pretty rough. I hope you're all enjoying the graphic details and descriptions, by the way.

Sunday morning during Sacrament meeting, while singing 'How Firm a Foundation' the second verse stood out to me.

"Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand."

Due to my recent experience and sickness, this verse seemed even more real than ever. It's a pretty cool thing to know that we honestly never have any reason to fear or worry or 'be dismayed', whatever that means. We've got the most powerful being in the universe on our side, willing to give us aid! There isn't anything better than that. Whatever hard time or feeling of loneliness or struggle you may have, know that you've got God on your team, and he's the best teammate to have. 

Con Mucho Amor, 

Elder King 

Mom's note:  Here's a link to the Mission Blog.   And I apologize for the 2nd picture--eewwwwww!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment