Saturday, October 3, 2015

!Viva Mexico!

Hola Hola Coca-Cola!

Hope that you are all doing well. I love hearing from you all each week, it really means a lot to me. Two nights ago there was an earthquake somewhere in Mexico and the sirens went off and we were all supposed to leave our houses and go stand in these safe zones that are marked all over the place here in Mexico City. I was sleeping and was the only one in my room that woke up,and I thought that I was receiving a vision or something because the sirens sound like a ton of trumpets blasting. No angel appeared so I just went back to sleep. 

The days here go by pretty slow but the weeks go by so fast. I honestly feel like it was like three days ago that I was emailing you all. The routine is pretty much the same thing everyday. Wake up, breakfast, study, lunch, study, dinner, study, bed. 

My district has reached the point where we try and speak solo espaƱol every Monday Wednesday and Friday. I've gotten pretty good at speaking the language but writing is much harder. I can read fairly well and understand. Every Wednesday I have the job of meeting the new people as they arrive here and so last night at dinner some of them asked me to speak in spanish to them and they all freaked out at how fast I could speak. Little did they know that all I was saying was, "I have hot cheese in my pants and I love talking with my pet bear." I love messing around with the younger Elders and Hermanas here. 

I miss playing Quidditch so much. Whenever I clean my house on P-Day I take the brooms we have and just walk around with it between my legs. I wish the CCM had equipment here that we could use so I could teach people how to play. I also miss math. Am I going crazy? Sometimes I´ll just give myself a little math problem to do just for fun. What has my life come to. 

I'm about to go get my haircut, and the way haircuts work here is you just make an appointment, sit in a chair and they just cut however they like. I hope I end up with a cholo cut or something. Love and miss all of you. I don't have any pictures this week (yet), I'm still waiting for Hermana Moline to send me the one we took last week after playing basketball and volleyball. I´ll try and get more pictures for you next week, but I will definitely start sending more once I get out in the field. 

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder King

No comments:

Post a Comment