Sunday, February 14, 2016

Thawing in the Northwest

Friends and Family, 

The snow is starting to melt, and East Wenatchee is more beautiful than ever. I get to do service for the city two times a week where we do things like shoveling snow and picking up trash and it is such a blast. Service always feels so good, no matter what it is.
We had Zone Training Meeting this past Saturday, and I was able to reunite with Elder Wundelich and Elder Kiser, two of the five members of the Yak Pak, also known as the lost tribe of Mexico. It is always so much fun to see other missionaries and catch up and share stories.
One of our investigators, Miguel, is doing so awesome. He is 18 years old and has come to church the past couple weeks and went to mutual on Wednesday and when we asked him about it on Thursday he told us, "I did donuts in the parking lot with the Bishop. Not many people get to say that they've done that." I laughed at the truthfulness of the statement. I guess whatever it takes to make someone feel comfortable!
Another one of our investigators, Josue, is so much fun to teach. He asks some of the best questions and takes notes during our lessons! At the end of each of our lessons he always asks us to make sure that we'll come back to visit him. He loves leaning more and more and really wants to know if it's true.
Despite the roughness of this past week, it is such a blast serving up here. I learn something knew everyday, sometimes something new about myself. The hard times may outnumber the good times, but the good times definitely outweigh the bad ones.
I've attached a picture of myself in what I call 'delinquent mode' as I do service for the city. The other picture is with Elder Kiser (left) and Elder Wunderlich (middle).
I hope your February has started off great, and continues to get better. I love you all. If there is anything you are curious about that you'd like for me to include in my weekly letters, please let me know and I'll do my best to improve!
Con Mucho Amor,
Elder King 



No comments:

Post a Comment