Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Aloha everyone, 

It seems like just yesterday we were starting January. Even crazier it seems like just yesterday I was getting on a plane to head to Mexico City. Has time always moved so quickly?

This past week I have really been focusing on loving and serving everyone here in our area. Earlier this week we were tracting in an apartment complex when we noticed that the basketball court was covered in snow. We decided to serve the people by shoveling all of that snow. A couple days later, we were back at the same apartment complex when we saw a father watching his two children kick a soccer ball on the court. We talked to the Dad and asked about his family and explained that as missionaries, part of our message is the importance of families. He was impressed by the values we had and invited us to come back and teach his family the following Saturday! If we had not had the attitude of Ammon, we would have never decided to serve the people by shoveling that snow, and in turn we would never have found that man and his family. 

On Wednesday, we had Zone Conference, and I was able to see Elder Wilson again! It was such a blessing getting to see him and catch up with him. He was with his new greenie, my mission brother, Elder Kinnear. Elder Wilson's trainer, Elder Woodward, was also there, so there was 4 generations of missionaries there. I'll do my best to explain the family history of our mission family, because it's somewhat hard to understand if you aren't a missionary. 

Elder Hudson trained Elder Woodward, and Elder Woodward trained Elder Wilson. When a missionary trains another missionary, the trainer is referred to as the 'father' and the trainee is referred to as the 'son'. I met Elder Hudson my first day in the field, and got a picture with him and Elder Woodward, my great-grandpa and my grandpa. Elder Wilson trained me, making him my Dad. Since he is now training Elder Kinnear, Elder Kinnear is my brother. Elder West is my son, so Elder Wilson is his grandpa. We all got a picture together, Elder Woodward is in the middle. I hope my explanation makes some sort of sense! 

The Rocky Reach area and the Wenatchee River ward are so great. I am truly becoming like Ammon, "Yea, I desire to dwell among this people for a time; yea, and perhaps until the day I die."

I also was blessed to run into a fellow longhorn this week! It was such a tender mercy. Her name is Sister Hill. She majored in Biochemistry and got a Master's in Library Science at UT, so we sang the eyes of Texas together. Hook 'em! \m/

That's all I have for this week! I've started taking notes in my planner of the things that happen during the week so I can remember to write about them on Mondays, but of course I forgot my planner at the house today. I love you all, stay frosty my friends! 

Con Mucho Amor, 

Elder King



No comments:

Post a Comment