Monday, February 22, 2016

Rockin' and Rollin' in Rocky Reach Vol. II



Friends and Family, 

I am fortunate enough to get to stay in Wenatchee for this next transfer! There has already been so many cool things and craziness these past six weeks, especially with being doubled-in. I'm so excited to see what will happen in these next six weeks. Also, I heard that there were technical difficulties last week with emails, and some emails did not make it out last week. If you didn't receive my email last week, let me know and I will try and resend it! 

One of our investigators, Miguel, was baptized this Saturday. He is so cool, and all of his family came to support him which was awesome to see. The service was in English, since Miguel's speaks English and most of the people who came speak English, so I got to translate for his Mom. She hasn't showed much interest in the past, but it was very cool to answer all of her questions and explain everything that was going on and how Miguel and the rest of her family were going to be blessed for his decision. 

We found this new investigator this week, Reyes, who told us his crazy life story. He used to be involved with the Mexican Drug Cartel and was loaded with a ton of drug money and one day his wife got mad at him and told him that he didn't want him bringing dirty money into the house because she was afraid that their family might get attacked or something. Sometime later, Reyes was attacked and had a machete in his jaw and was put into a coma for 8 days. He woke up and instantly knew that he had to change his life for the protection of his family. He started making an honest living, and changed a lot and moved to the United States to work honestly to make a living to provide for his family in Mexico. As we talked to him and shared our message with him, he told us that he knew we were saying the truth and asked us to please keep coming and seeing him because he feels something different when we are there. He told us that he knew that we could help him become a better man. 

I used to have this theory, that people are only capable of 15% change. But I have come to the conclusion that I was completely wrong. The entire purpose of this life is to change and to become better people. Even the little quirks we have, we can change for the better. Saying "Oh that's just the way I am, I can't change that." denies the enabling power of the Atonement in our lives. 

I also ate a baby octopus this past week, this Korean woman offered it to me and as a missionary, I couldn't deny it. It was very rubbery and chewy, would not recommend to most people. With that said, I'd probably eat another one again sometime in the future. 

I love you all! Stay tinsel! 

Con Mucho Amor, 

Elder King





No comments:

Post a Comment