Thursday, March 3, 2016

"Tacos" and Bingo

Aloha friends and family, 

Happy Leap Year! I will be spending my extra day of the year playing basketball and knocking doors. I hope you all have an extra good extra day today. 

Lots of cool things have happened this week. There was one night where we didn't have a dinner appointment and we were out tracting walking through the Sunset Trailers when we saw this guy and started talking to him when he suddenly asked us if we've already eaten yet. We told him no, and then he asked if we wanted a taco. I told him por supesto, and he walked into his little trailer and started making us a sandwich. I guess Hispanics here just refer to all food as tacos? I'm not exactly sure. Maybe it was just him. Either way, he made us this really nice sandwich with avocados and chiles. It was cool to see how we are provided for in small and simple ways. 

One of my favorite investigators, Josue, had to drop us this week. It was sad. He works as a semi truck driver and works 8 months of the year and is on break the other 4 months, and his time to go back to work started again. He loved meeting with us and we loved meeting with him. He asked the best questions. Some of his questions from our last lesson included, 

"Where did Cain's wife come from, if it was only Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel on the earth?" 

"Why isn't the tribe of Dan mentioned in the book of Revelations?"

"Where will the telestial kingdom be?"

He told us that he is going to keep reading and studying, and that he'll call us if he ever has any questions. He was one of the sharpest guys I've ever met. 

We also had a lot of service opportunities this past week. We had the opportunity to do service for this assisted living facility where we went and played games with all of the old folks who lived there. I played this game called King's Corner with these 3 ladies, and one of them had a stroke in the past and could only communicate through "uh-huh"s and "uh-uh"s and she was one of the funniest people. I also got to be a bingo announcer for everyone there! I got a lot of hecklers who gave me a hard time for not calling out the numbers that they wanted, but it was a blast. 

Spring is finally here, the weather is so nice. I love it. It still gets pretty frosty at night, but during the day it is so beautiful. I want to leave you all with a quote that has been on my mind these past couple of weeks. I love you all, stay tinsel!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers to turn on the light." -Dumbledore

Con Mucho Amor, 

Elder King



No comments:

Post a Comment